Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some More Beds Finished

Today I finally managed to finish off two more beds, meaning that I now have four raised beds finished. I have now got two beds left to finish but, unfortunately, that consists of completely building the beds, including the digging and the sifting of stones which is the most tedious.

We are coming up to the last frost date, which is pretty exciting. On April 1st it snowed, although it didn't really settle. This week has been pretty hot, and I think that I killed off a lot of my seedlings, which is unfortunate. I have discovered that I am extremely impatient, which is something that I need to start working on. Having said that, a lot of my plants are happily staying in the plastic greenhouse overnight and have done for nearly a week, meaning that they should be hardy. I will start to plant some of the seedings out, especially the garlic and the beans.

Today, I planted some more onions as the other onions have really been massacred. On top of this I planted some sweetcorn and a couple of pumpkins seeds hoping to get them off to a good start. Last year I planted the sweetcorn in June and they didn't really have enough time to mature, but this year I am going to get them in the ground earlier and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment