Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bread

bread

As part of this blog, I am going to examine all aspects of self-reliance. Now, obviously bread cannot be made without such ingredients as flour, which is a food stuff that I do not grow, but the making of bread is still an important step in self-reliance for me, so that I do not rely on mass-manufactured bread that contain all sorts of ingredients.

This bread was created following a recipe from a book that was recently bought for me for Christmas. The River Cottage Bread Handbook is a very easy to read, easy to follow recipe book that shows how to make all sorts of bread, e.g. ciabatta, flatbreads, etc. as well as biscuits and so on. I have only so far done the basic bread recipe (two pages long after approximately 30-40 pages of detailed instructions), but as can be seen above it appears to have been very successful and from now on I can start exploring how to create different types of breads, as well as variations on the basic recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment