Thursday, January 7, 2010

My New Backyard



This is a picture of my new backyard, or to be precise the back of my yard. the house is to one side of the lot and so there is a bit of garden to one side, but this used to be a driveway to a workshop. we are not going to use the workshop per se, so this driveway is open to be developed for a veg garden. I am currently thinking that I will install two 4ftx20ft beds eventually, but that is a lot of gravel to move so baby steps.



This is to the one side of the driveway. There is a shed and some kind of extension that I think can be used as a greenhouse, especially if I install another window. I may also add some kind of coldhouse at the bottom of the windows. This area gets Sun all year round, so it'll be a good area to develop for crops like tomatoes, I think.



This is to the side of the house. It will receive Sun during the Summer but I do not know when the Sun will be high enough to get over the roof of the house. I won't be developing this area this year, but will keep an eye on the situation over the year so that I can make a plan for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment