Monday, February 23, 2009

Next Batch of Seeds

Today I planted another tray of seeds (the second full tray), this time using soil for seed starting that I purchased from Triple Tree Nursery as I felt that the bedding soil that I was previously using wasn't doing that good a job, so we'll see what the difference is.

This time the planting consisted of some more Black Beauty eggplants (8 seeds), Marvel of Four Seasons lettuce (8 seeds), Lucullus Swiss Chard (8 seeds), Champion of England peas (16 seeds), Canterbury Bells (16 modules) and Bloomsdale spinach (12 seeds).

At the moment, the tomatoes that I planted back on the weekend and placed on a heating mat have started to germinate, but not the others just yet. I re-potted the onions that I planted back in January and the leeks and onions that I planted a couple of weeks back are going gangbusters. Pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment