Thursday, February 17, 2011

2011–Starting Place

Whilst the tomato and chard seeds are (hopefully germinating), I thought it’d be almost interesting to show the state of the garden as it is at the start of the growing season, and it can be compared with a previous post with similar imagery.


To start with, this is a close-up of my garlic bed. The cloves of garlic were planted in mid-late November, which is a bit later than I would have liked, but they look like they are progressing well.


This is the renovated garden shed. Julita and her Dad renovated it last Summer, putting cedar shingles over the walls, and painting the windows and trim. I put the roof on, if that counts for anything. Behind the garlic, where the plastic row cover is now, potatoes will be planted.


This is where the ‘magic’ will happen. It is my first vegetable bed, built by Bryan Stevenson, and provides a square-footage of approx. 63. Oh boy, that’s a whole lot of space to cover. The original plan was to have four of these bad boys, but I was persuaded to try one first to see how it works out. Back in Port Coquitlam I had a total of 96 square foot, so it is a little bit of a come-down, but I like a challenge. Oh wait….

No comments:

Post a Comment