Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seedling Progress

On Sunday I moved my seeds from the basement to my bedroom in the top floor of my house. Though I had a heating mat, I felt that it was too cold down there for the seeds to germinate. Now I don’t know whether or not it was fortuitous timing or not, but by Monday morning a whole raft of seedlings had appeared, mainly for the chard, but some of the cherry tomatoes were also beginning to appear.

On Wednesday (10 days after the sowing) seedlings have appeared for all three of the vegetables planted, and I rigged up a lighting system so that they won’t get too leggy. Today also saw quite the snowfall in Victoria, so getting sunny windowsill has proven to be a little tricky. I am told that my garlic should survive the onslaught.

No comments:

Post a Comment