Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday sowing.

Just a quick post about a bunch of sowing that I did today. Today's sowing is more to do with sowing a bunch of seed with the intention of moving it outdoors into my unheated mini-greenhouse as soon as they have germinated (I currently have garlic growing in it). We shall see how this approach works.

Anyway, I sowed some more Black Beauty Eggplants, Maxibel Filet Beans, Dragon Tongue Beans, 1000 Year Tobacco, Thyme, Parsley, Basil, and Chervil. I have never grown herbs before so this should be interesting.

From my last planting the peas have come out (although I wanted to plant beans - d'oh!), as have the Swiss Chard and the lettuce. I have now moved them under lights that I added today.

3 comments:

  1. How are you peas doing? How are you managing their height? My beans are growing so fast I am getting worried they may out grow their supports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually my beans are growing like gangbusters (I buggered up my beans). I will try and plant out as soon as I can, but the recent snow has put a dampener on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya mine about a foot tall already and I am a bit freaked out because I think we are still a month away from going outside. :O

    ReplyDelete